Virginia Halter, one of our very own, has been selected for 2020 Leadership Cabarrus! Just one more way our team makes us proud every single day!
Article source: Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce website: https://cabarrus.biz
Cabarrus Regional Chamber Announces 2020 Leadership Cabarrus Class
The Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the 35 participants in the 2020 Class of Leadership Cabarrus. The civic leadership program, sponsored by Duke Energy, is designed for business, nonprofit and community leaders to learn more about the assets, challenges, resources and needs within the Cabarrus County region.
Through a series of monthly class days from September through May, members are introduced to and examine how leadership in the historical, educational, economic, governmental and cultural segments work together to perpetuate and advance Cabarrus County and its citizens. Additionally, the class works together to produce a legacy service project that benefits the community.
“Leadership Cabarrus has been a signature program of the Chamber since 1989, and we couldn’t be prouder of it, the wonderful alumni that pilot the steering committee, and the class participants,” said Barbi Jones, Cabarrus Regional Chamber Executive Director. “Our graduates are always amazed at the depth of community knowledge they amass, along with professional and personal connections. Through the years, the classes’ legacy projects have added quality of life benefits ranging from recreational opportunities, nonprofit program enhancements and educational support.”
Duke Energy is the title sponsor for Leadership Cabarrus. “Duke is proud of the communities we serve, and we are happy to invest in the Cabarrus Regional Chamber and this meaningful program that develops our communities’ and businesses’ future leaders,” said Randy Welch, Duke Energy District Manager, Government and Community Relations.
Academy Bus serves as the Transportation Sponsor for the class, providing coach service on class days.
The Leadership Cabarrus Class of 2020 participants are:
- Meredith Allen, Communities in Schools
- Sarah Berthold, Concord Mills
- Sonja Bohannon-Thacker, Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Rusty Campbell, City of Concord
- Devin Canup, Devin Canup State Farm
- Andrew Castrodale, Nautlius Materials
- Corey Cochran, Cabarrus County Schools
- Cheryl Dearmon, Uwharrie Bank
- Kenni Doyle, Potter & Company
- Wendy Gillespie Harsch, Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Tripp Grooms, Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast
- Virginia Halter, Leigh Brown & Assoc.
- Crystal Hill, Cabarrus County Schools
- Elizabeth Hutchins, Big Brothers Big Sisters Cabarrus
- Bobby Jones, Affinity Benefits Group, Inc.
- Kevin Klinglesmith, Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office
- Sheryl Kluge, Homewood Suites
- Dylan Lackey, Wells Fargo
- Kippi Laws, Habitat Cabarrus
- Tracy Lee, F&M Bank
- Jason May, City of Kannapolis
- Dawn Mills, Pinnacle Financial Partners
- Justin Moore, Sublmnl Designs
- Adrienne Morgan, Hilbish Ford
- Alan Morgan, Carolina Planning Consultants
- Annie Parker, Kannapolis City Schools
- Susan Pless, Montreat College Adult and Graduate Studies
- Patricia Sehorn, The Cabarrus Partnership for Children
- Ben Sloan, Central United Methodist Church
- Megan Smit, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- Shawn Spohn, Atrium Health
- Kate Underwood, CESI
- Shannell Varner, Cabarrus EDC
- Danita Washington, Cabarrus Rowan Community Health Centers
- Anthony Weiss, S&D Coffee and Tea
Leadership Cabarrus will kick off the year with a team-building retreat in August at Cedar Grove Retreat with Capstone Climbing and Adventures, and then meetings will begin in September, ending in May.
The program is celebrating its 31st anniversary this year and has over 725 alumni since its inception.
For more information on the Leadership Cabarrus program, please contact Barbi Jones at 704.782.4000, ext. 108 or [email protected].